Sunday, September 16, 2007

Where will i be at 10 years from now?

Ten years is half as long as i have already been alive. It is hard for me to see myself that far in the future. I have given this alot of thought in the past. By the time i'm 30 i will be teaching at the school i plan to stay at the rest of my career. I want to be building a strong FFA chapter and affecting the lives of my students.
My personal goals are somewhat different. I will have a house built over a pond. I will be living a simple life. I will have my own garden and greenhouse for enjoyment. I will have at least two boats. One for freshwater fishing and one that is at least 30 feet long for offshore fishing. I will have caught a fish over 700 lbs. 30 is a good age to begin thinking about children so i'll be preparing for that.
In ten years i will be able to have the next 20 years of my life planned out. I will begin planning for my retirement. I think in ten years i will be living the best years of my life. I don't have to be a millionaire by the time i am 30 but i will be financially secure and not have so many payments that i can't just blow my money when i want to. i will be living a life that is carefree and simple.

No comments: