Sunday, September 23, 2007

Interviews

I read an article on tricky interviewers. It shocked me that some interviewers would intentionally be rude and put the interviewee under pressure. I don't think that i would have a good interview in a situation like this. Under direct pressure i do not perform well. Having read this article and knowing that some interviewers will play this "game" makes me feel more comfortable if i faced a situation such as this.
The best way to approach this situation according to the article is to remain calm and be just as blunt with the interviewer as he is to you. A period of silence after a question is normal. If the interviewer stares you down the interviewee should count to 20 and after this if it is still silent a question that reveals detail about the job position or company should be asked to the interviewer.

Another article that interested me was about looking at the interview as a sales call. You must ask for the job. It is not begging because you are offering your talents for the job position. This way of thinking makes the whole interview process seem much more simple to me.

No comments: