Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Free Write

As this semester ends I am left facing the biggest obstacle of my life, student teaching! I am very nervous about this and question myself every day as to whether or not i will succeed. I will be at a career and technology center also known as a vocational education center. I have already met my cooperating teacher and students. I think that this nervousness is uncalled for and that once i get in the classroom and see that i am actually teaching at least one student i will fall in love with teaching the way i did back in high school when i got the chance to teach 4th and 5th grade students about water conservation. My college career has flew by and i am now knocking on the door of the rest of my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! You have a very good personality for teaching. The main thing is to let them all know the procedures you expect them to follow in your class. Be very explicit about that. Then, reward them when they follow the procedures well. That seems to work better than punishing them when the follow the procedures poorly. Don't listen to people who tell you not to smile until Christmas. You can smile as long as you make absolute certain they know what your expectations are as soon as they enter the room. I know you'll be great at this! Best of luck!